Using your current email address, or addresses, Pryvate’s™ integrated email component establishes the secure environment necessary for private, safe and secure communication. As the email segment communicates directly with the server, and all emails are encrypted locally on your device, no unsecured data will ever leave, or live on, your smartphone or tablet computer.
Pryvate™ Encrypted Email
Pryvate™ ENCRYPTED EMAIL
Email seamlessly and securely with anyone (on any platform) around the globe just as easy as you do today with our other communications products.
All corporate measures currently in place, such as Backup are kept in tact! This does NOT have to change any procedures, rules or working installations to use the Pryvate™ Email!
Pryvate™ Encrypted Email
Email encryption software is intended to eliminate the risks posed by network eavesdroppers. In general, email communications are passed through the ether using unprotected protocols such as SSL/TSL. The emails are therefore transmitted in plain text across local networks and the internet. As a result, email messages and their attachments can be intercepted and read by those wishing to attack users maliciously or monitor their messages. It is not just potentially sensitive information that is at risk (such as bank details, log-in credentials, and so on). Hackers, who gain access to email messages, can access content from users and their contacts – or even hijack their entire email account.
- Securely designate any or all of users current email addresses and services
- Agnostic platform; Android to IOS or vice versa
- Easy to maintain for IT staff, as users can keep existing technology and procedures. There is no need for re-training on new platforms.
- 3G, EDGE, GPRS, UMTS, HSPA, W-CDMA, & Wi-Fi connections
- Encryption keys are automatically created on users smartphones for each individual email – with the associated single-session keys never stored or known to Pryvate™
This not a mail client. It contains only the protection mechanism required to make a user’s emails secure. What it does is assure users that no unsecured data will ever remain or leave the device and that encryption data will be stored separately on Pryvate’s servers. By separating the encryption and the key, we have built in an added layer of security and removed the need for users to input additional SMTP/POP3 settings when setting up their client.
Pryvate™ Email Encryption – Technology Specifics
We have built in a layer of security that goes beyond that proposed by the British Standards Institute.
- All communication between a user’s app and the server is fully encrypted, TLS-based or RSA4096-protected
- Key material that is encrypted for sending to the server in-device is done by using the public key of an RSA4096 key pair
- The connection between app and server is therefore considered unbreakable using current techniques and technology.
- The return communication to the app from the server is protected by the AES 256-bit key that is sent to the server (RSA4096) and can be read only by the server
- Newly generated key for each communication session, which is never stored
- TLS-certificated secure link – which adds to the security, helps avoid ‘man-in-the-middle’ attacks and is in accordance with BSI TR-03145
- Pryvate™ only uses true and tested public algorithms (RSA4096 and AES256) in international implementations with NO backdoors. This is a requirement of BSI TR-03116-4. Additionally, all DNS requests are routed through our servers and are compliant with DNSSEC.
- Once the message is encrypted and encapsulated in the .pry attachment it is sent directly to the user’s current mail client on their device (hopefully this is a DANE compliant mail transport). Because we have no control over the user’s choice of email client, we make the data as secure as possible – which is why we separate the key material from the data.
- We comply with Datenschutzanforderungen (BDSG) and Richlinie BSI TR-03108, which makes our product one of the few software tools that are above the level of security highlighted in Sicherheitskonzept TKG- ISO27001.
Pryvate™ Secure File Transfer & Storage
- Eliminates the risk that any files transferred will be intercepted whilst in transit.
- Send/store files and data – protected by military-grade encryption – from a personal device via email or by using file sharing programs such as Dropbox, One Drive, or Box
- Secure file transfers can be stored without being sent.
- Encrypted form on a mobile device or on media storage, such as: CDs, DVDs and USB flash drives.
- Decryption key is never located on the same device or file location. If a user’s data is stolen, the files and data remain secure.
- Without the need to ‘send’ files to ensure their encryption, secure file transfers can be made via the “SCP” with no limit on file size (as normally experienced with email)
- Decryption is accomplished using the same method as encryption
- No extra software is required.
- Key material cannot be compromised, as it never resides with the encrypted file.
- Our file storage component also works when a user wants to encrypt a very large file and have it handed to a third party on a storage device. The “SCP” automatically encrypts a user’s files and stores it within the inbox of the App. When the recipient (the third party, for example) has the file, they simply click the .pry message and it opens securely